- 1950 BBC Lime Grove Studios officially opened.
- 1989 The first edition of Val Doonican's Homeward Bound airs on BBC One. In a series of six programmes of music and conversation with Ireland's most popular personalities, Val Doonican explores the spirituality and beauty of his homeland.
- 1993 The final episode of Press Gang airs on ITV.
- Test Card/Teletext In-Vision Music
- 1984 BBC Two tape Stratovarious airs for the first time.
- 1987 BBC One tape She's for Me airs for the first time.
- 1991 BBC One tape Spring Swing airs for the final time.
Research for On This Day in TV History is by Paul R. Jackson.
Details about test card/teletext in-vision music and BBC trade test films are available as a result of decades of research and logging by members of the Test Card Circle.
Contribute to this page
If you know of an event that would be worthy of inclusion on this page, please drop us a line using our Contact Form. Items of interest include:
- Programme launches and finales;
- Programme relaunches (including new title sequences and set changes);
- Channel launches and closures;
- Channel presentation changes;
- Transmitter commissioning/decommissioning;
- Trade test film first and final airings;
- Test card/teletext in-vision music tape first and final airings;
- Teletext service launches/relaunches/closures.
If you believe any of the information on this page is inaccurate, please let us know.