- 1959 The 100th episode of Dixon of Dock Green airs on BBC TV.
- 1968 The first episode of High Living airs on STV.
- 1968 The final episode of Mr Rose airs on ITV.
- 1974 The final edition of Monty Python's Flying Circus airs on BBC Two.
- 1978 The final episode of The Upchat Connection airs on ITV.
- 1987 The final edition of Copy Cats airs on ITV.
- 1988 The first edition of Supersense airs on BBC One.
- 1996 Hillsborough airs on ITV.
- 1996 The final episode of Is It Legal? airs on ITV.
- Test Card/Teletext In-Vision Music
- 1974 BBC Two tape Serenade Nach Altenglischen Motiven airs for the final time.
- 1994 BBC Two tape Time Kode airs for the final time.
EXTERNAL LINK: Pages from Ceefax accompanied by some tracks from Time Kode (16th December 1993).
Research for On This Day in TV History is by Paul R. Jackson.
Details about test card/teletext in-vision music and BBC trade test films are available as a result of decades of research and logging by members of the Test Card Circle.
Contribute to this page
If you know of an event that would be worthy of inclusion on this page, please drop us a line using our Contact Form. Items of interest include:
- Programme launches and finales;
- Programme relaunches (including new title sequences and set changes);
- Channel launches and closures;
- Channel presentation changes;
- Transmitter commissioning/decommissioning;
- Trade test film first and final airings;
- Test card/teletext in-vision music tape first and final airings;
- Teletext service launches/relaunches/closures.
If you believe any of the information on this page is inaccurate, please let us know.