- 1968 The 100th edition of The Good Old Days airs on BBC One.
- 1970 The first edition of Westminster airs on BBC Two. Presented by David Holmes.
- 1974 Dave Allen Once Again airs on BBC Two.
- 1979 The final episode of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin airs on BBC One.
- 1983 The first episode of The Moomins airs on ITV.
- 1986 The first episode of US series The Colbys airs on BBC One. Spin-off from Dynasty.
- 1990 The final episode of Oranges are Not the Only Fruit airs on BBC Two.
- 1993 The 100th edition of Around Westminster airs on BBC Two.
- 1997 The first episode of Holding the Baby airs on ITV.
- 1998 21 Years of It'll Be Alright on the Night airs on ITV.
- 1998 The first edition of Ice Warriors airs on ITV.
- 2010 The first episode of Rock and Chips airs on BBC One.
Contribute to this page
If you know of an event that would be worthy of inclusion on this page, please drop us a line using our Contact Form (link at the bottom of this page). Items of interest include:
- Programme launches and finales;
- Programme relaunches (including new title sequences and set changes);
- Channel launches and closures;
- Channel presentation changes;
- Advertisement launch dates;
- Transmitter commissioning/decommissioning;
- Trade test film first and final airings;
- Test card/teletext in-vision music tape first and final airings;
- Teletext service launches/relaunches/closures.
If you believe any of the information on this page is inaccurate, please let us know.